Thursday, September 16, 2010

Out and About



So I actually got myself dressed and went out, woot. Since the people at Reddit basically got me started on this, I figured the first picture should have a shout out:

Next was off to find my new book that would be taking me on all sorts of outings while I read it, since the rule I'm taking to heart is that I can't do it at home. I'm really hoping that purely by doing something every day and going outside (gasp, maybe even meeting people) will just help to turn things around. Since I'm a lover of fantasy/scifi books, and all the more if it's a series, I decided to give justahumanbeings' recommendation of George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series a try. Book 1! :


Instead of just going home like I normally would, I thought it would be nice to sit in their little Starbucks-ish section, have some lunch, and get started on my new book. Didn't really talk with anyone, but I'm just happy to have gone out and done something today instead of sitting at home dwelling about how I'm not going out and doing anything.
While eating my most delicious panini I came to...not a realization per se, but yes, I realized something. While I'm not happy about not having friends, and I REALLY don't enjoy my shifts (working nights just sucks the big one), I also realized that I'm just kind of not fulfilled by my role right now. I'm 23, and basically I stay home all day, take care of the house, the dogs, and my husband. And while yes, I definitely love and enjoy doing these things, at 23 I didn't want that to be ALL there was to me. I wanted to have friends, go out, still make some mistakes, and ALSO be doing well, have some pets, a nice home, and a loving husband. I just feel like I'm a Suzy-housewife at the grand old age of 23. It's a role I may someday cherish, but right now I don't want there to be all there is to me.

So here starts my adventure to hopefully make some friends in the town I now call home, and get off my lazy ass and start changing the situation I'm not happy about. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. OMG JENNA I started that book too!!!!!! Well... audio book style because I don't have much time to read anything other than my textbooks during the semester. I listen to ASOIAF on my way to and from school, and sometimes also walking to class. Good choice!! :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! What do you think of it so far? I'm only like 30-40 pages in. I feel like I kind of need to take notes of who everyone is, but I think if I just keep going, the connections will be made in my head anyways :p

    ReplyDelete