Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Monday went far too fast

So Monday is techincally overwith and completed already. The day kinda seemed to go by fast and slow all at the same time.

First off, today was day 1 of the bio department getting my appeal. So far no contact from them, though I didn't expect any today.

Nothing too special today. Put up chicken wire on the gate connecting the dogrun to the backyard so that River would stop sneaking through and getting into the backyard.....and subsequently getting mud all over herself and the house. Took quite a while, but I feel much better knowing I'm going to come back to two clean doggies :) It's late right now so I'll probably come back tomorrow and add a pic or two of it. I'm proud of my chicken-wire work.

Also! The plants that Dave and I put in the front yard (to replace the bland looking ones KB had installed originally) are THRIVING! They honestly look wonderful :) Once it's nice and light out I'm definitely taking pictures. They seriously look freaking great.

Social interaction for the day:

::breathes::

ok so I'll divulge. Monday is my official nerd out day. I found this cool little book/game shop called Battle Ground, and I went and hung out there a little bit last week and I mentioned that I had always been interested in D&D. Long story short, Mondays are now my D&D days :) Today they just ran through some combat scenarios, the actual campaign/story will start next week. It's fun though. We basically sit around, talk, joke, and play a game while we're at it. Yay social fun. /dork.
After that, I headed home (got there about the same time as Dave too, which was kinda funny since we pulled into the driveway at the same time). For dinner we made paninis! Lot of work, but they turned out quite delicious :)
Other than that, not too much to report. Dave did some AWEOSME housework yesterday. He put a shelf up in the kitchen to hold all the cookbooks/some pictures, put fertilizer spikes by all our trees, and did a couple other things as well. Our house is rapidly turning into a home. I love it :)

Sleepy time :)

2 comments:

  1. Paninis looked really delicious. Hope they were.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not a D&D dork...I used to play when I was in college, and ask Dave about WarHammer! The 4 of us used to play all the time. Pete was the youngest in the entire group,and they used to laugh at the armies that he built, they didn't take him seriously so he beat their a**es most of the time. He had the most awesome faerie army!!! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete